Friday 4 October 2019

HOW TO BAKE A RICH FLUFFY VANILLA/SPONGE CAKE

Decorated Henry Danger Theme cake
Fluffy vanilla cream cake
Everyone loves cakes, trust me if someone tells you they don't love one, there's every possibility that he hasn't tasted a nice creamy yummy cake. Young people tend to go for really sweet cakes while the older ones love cakes with just the right amount of sweetness. 

Baking the right cake can be a herculean task, every baker have their own secret recipes and what method works best and so should you, be spontaneous and creative when baking, in trying new things you discover a lot and this in turn will improve your baking skills.  From experience I have discovered that Sugar helps in making cakes rise, so I always put this into consideration when I have clients who don't want sugar, I try as much as possible to look for alternatives, this helps my cakes stay fluffy and tasty all day long.
 
Lets go right ahead with the ingredients and steps.
INGREDIENTS. 8 inches cake. 8''
1. Flour - 500g
2. Margarine - 500g
3. Sugar - 500g
4. Eggs - 8 big eggs/500g
5. Baking Powder - 5tsp
6. Vanilla flavour - 3 cap full
7. Brandy
8. Parchment paper

Steps.
1. Measure out your margarine and sugar in your mixing bowl and start mixing on low speed and increase once sugar and margarine is fully incorporated, increase speed till the cake is off white.

2. Add eggs in batches of 4, mix till it's fully mixed on high speed, you know it's ready when the eggs and batter aren't separated.

I like to break my eggs one after another in a bowl before adding to the mixer, that way I am able to figure out which egg is bad, you know one bad egg can ruin the whole thing. I'll have to add that you should never be tempted to use those cracked eggs they sell in the market cos they are cheaper that's soooooo wrong!! Never say it's just one bad egg, I'm sure it won't ruin my cake, don't try it, you'll hate yourself and the smell....

3. Sieve out 500g of flour.

 I usually sieve while measuring that way I save time. Never sieve and store to use later, always use immediately after sieving, why you may ask? Apart from removing unwanted particles and dirt, the process also helps to lock-in air, yes you heard me right, this process helps in ensuring you have a lovely fluffy cake.

4. Pour in your measured baking powder to the flour and pour in the mixer in 3 batches on low speed so you don't have your face all covered with flour, in case you forget, don't forget to send in a picture so that we can all have a good laugh. lols!! 

5. Stop the mixer and use your spatula to mix properly, add your vanilla and brandy mix with your spatula, I love to include butterscotch, it always gives me this creamy taste.

6. Line your pan with a measured parchment paper and grease, I use vegetable oil to grease, others use brush, whichever works best for you, please do.

7. Pour batter in the lined pan, stop when batter is a little bit above the middle of pan and pour rest into another pan. 
 
8. Pre-heat your oven for 10 min and put in your cake in a batter for the next 45min, I love to check my cake once I begin to perceive the aroma, I use a skewer to check if it's ready, just poke a hole in the middle once it comes out clean without any batter, it means it's ready.

9. Use your oven gloves to take out the cake, use a pallet knife round the cake and turn upside down on a board, remove parchment paper and turn back immediately while hot to avoid the top sticking on the board.

You'll notice the top of the cake is usually sweeter that the lower part, that's because the sugar like I said earlier is a rising agent, if you are team fit-fam it'll be advisable you cut out the top and throw to the trash. 
I love to use my leveled cake remnant as cushion when stacking cakes in layer.

Send in your comments, questions and reviews, I'll be here to answer them all.

Feels good writing again after a very long time, my blog isn't your regular blog, this is me expressing myself.

xoxo!!!
                                           

No comments:

Post a Comment