Thursday 14 January 2016

FRUITS IN SEASON

Google image
Now that the dust, and haze are gone; the heat is building up and the mosquitoes are everywhere and depositing malaria like its no man's business, the outbreak of Lassa fever isn't helping matters, please ensure you close all food stuff and eradicate all rats from your surroundings. Better safe than sorry.

We will be discussing about the fruits in season, I know some people will say fruits are expensive and I can't afford it, that's a very bad notion... you can't afford it because you crave for fruits that are out of season. Take for instance in the month of January Carrots, Tomatoes, & Star fruits are everywhere, meaning they can be gotten at very affordable prices as compared to when they are out of season.
If you are like me that eating carrots leads to hiccups that takes quite some time to stop... I try as much as possible to buy the carrots with lots of juice in them most preferable the smaller ones. Carrots has a lot of health benefits which include: 

NATURAL CLEANSERS-Acting as a natural cleanser that helps in removing dirt & plaque from teeth and gums; I bet you you never knew.

CLEAR SKIN-Here's my personal favorite Carrot helps to improve the quality of our skin Uhmmmm! do I hear the ladies in the house saying YEA! YEA!! , so the next time you see those Aboki's hawking, please patronize them. 
A note of warning too much carrots can lead to a condition called Carotenemia, which causes one's skin to turn yellowish orange...

Google Image
Our second fruit will be Tomatoes... Just imagine using this tomatoes, fresh pepper (red and green), big ball of Onion, 6 eggs hmm... egg sauce garnished with Gwagwalada yam, ripe Plantain, sweet and Irish potato gush that's the truth!!! 
To hell with the Tin tomatoes Fresh tomatoes are back, my pot of stew will be all fresh with lots of ginger to go with white rice and a ***coughs*** bottle of juice, malt, cold coke... side eyes to them healthy peeps... okay you win WATER.. na waaa OOO.
Tomatoes has a lot of health benefits, if you are like me that love them raw without injuries, you should see me and those aboki's struggling with tomatoes without blemish but they always play a fast one on me because I end up finding one or two balls with faults.

Tomatoes helps in controlling Diabetes, and it helps in weight loss etc.

Google Image


I happened to travel to the village for the new year's holiday and my uncle got me some very tasty Udara... Chineke I ate the whole fruit without bleeding my tongue, the only thing that fell to the floor was the seed.. Abia state grows one the most sweetest udara's in Nigeria. For the health benefits of Star apple I don't know of any but I am open to learn.. I make a research and I'll probably do a post.

No comments:

Post a Comment